Due to high winds from Hurricane Sandy, the Port Authority is closing the Outerbridge Crossing and Bayonne Bridge immediately until further notice. The Goethals Bridge, linking Staten Island and New Jersey, is currently open with 35 mph speed restrictions and a ban on tractor-trailers, car-pulled trailers, house trailers and motorcycles.
Travelers are reminded to check http://www.panynj.gov/ for updated information about PATH, the airports, the tunnels and bridges, and all other Port Authority facilities. For further information about safety precautions, evacuation routes and best practices for New York State, visit http://www.governor.ny.gov/stormwatch. For New Jersey, visit www.ready.nj.gov.
Posts by topic
NY-27BELT PKWY - WELLWOOD AVE
Meadowbrook State PkwyNORTHERN STATE PKWY - SOUTHERN STATE PKWY
Southern State PkwyCROSS ISLAND PKWY - WANTAGH STATE PKWY
Northern State PkwyGRAND CENTRAL PKWY - SUNNYSIDE BLVD
I-495NY-110 - EXIT 71
I-495CROSS ISLAND PKWY - NY-135
- 08:00amFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones
- 08:30amFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones
- 09:00amMoney & Main$treetYour local guide to finances and business on Long Island
- 09:30amPush PauseFreezing the frame on local life
- 10:00amFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones