Due to high winds from Hurricane Sandy, the Port Authority is closing the Outerbridge Crossing and Bayonne Bridge immediately until further notice. The Goethals Bridge, linking Staten Island and New Jersey, is currently open with 35 mph speed restrictions and a ban on tractor-trailers, car-pulled trailers, house trailers and motorcycles.
Travelers are reminded to check http://www.panynj.gov/ for updated information about PATH, the airports, the tunnels and bridges, and all other Port Authority facilities. For further information about safety precautions, evacuation routes and best practices for New York State, visit http://www.governor.ny.gov/stormwatch. For New Jersey, visit www.ready.nj.gov.
Posts by topic
- 11:30amHeroes on Our IslandProfiles of your neighbors helping those around them on Long Island
- 12:00pmFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones
- 12:30pmRestaurant HunterYour guide to the best eats on Long Island
- 01:00pmFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones
- 01:30pmHigh School Game of the WeekBethpage Baseball 13 & Under Championship