Verizon is Committed to Protecting Your Privacy
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Verizon collects and uses information about our customers and Web visitors for a variety of purposes. Information may be obtained when you order and use our products and services, when you make customer service inquiries, or when you visit our Web sites.
We use such information to deliver, provide, and repair products or services; establish and maintain customer accounts and billing records; contact you about our products and services and better direct specific offers or promotions to you; monitor Web site statistics; monitor our customer service employees; or establish your online account and authenticate you during log-in.
You may see third-party advertisements on some Verizon Web sites. In some instances, third-party ad networks may seek to provide advertising that they believe is more relevant to your interests. In these instances, cookies may be used by ad networks to collect information about your visit to our Web sites and may be combined with information collected by these ad networks on other Web sites. You may limit this use.
Information We Share
Within the Verizon Family of Companies:
Verizon shares customer information across our family of companies for marketing purposes unless you advise us not to. Specific laws govern our sharing of certain customer information known as Customer Proprietary Network Information.
Outside the Verizon Family of Companies:
How to Limit the Sharing and Use of Your Information
- Customer Information: You may prohibit Verizon from sharing certain customer information, known as Customer Proprietary Network Information, within the Verizon family of companies for marketing categories of services other than those you currently have.
- Telemarketing: You may request to be removed from the Verizon telemarketing lists at any time.
- Marketing Email, Postal Mail and Door-to-Door Calls: You may opt out of receiving marketing-related emails, text messages, or postal mailings or prevent door-to-door marketing.
- Website Cookies: You may opt out of the automatic collection of information by our websites or by third-party advertisers on our sites.
- Wireless Location-based Services: Privacy features are available on Wireless location-based services we provide.
- FiOS TV Services: Specific cable-related privacy protections apply to Verizon's FiOS TV subscribers.
- Parental Controls: Age-based parental controls are available on Verizon's Internet, Wireless and TV services.
Verizon has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of customer information we maintain.
Other Important Information
Verizon Privacy Office
1320 N. Courthouse Rd. - 9th Floor
Arlington, VA 22201
You may correct inaccuracies in your information by calling a customer service representative or by accessing your online account and updating your information.
If Verizon elects to use or disclose information that identifies you as an individual in a manner that is materially different from that stated in our policy at the time we collected that information from you, we will give you a choice regarding such use or disclosure by appropriate means.
Verizon is a licensee of the TRUSTe Privacy Program.