The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is reminding customers that fares and tolls will increase at the beginning of next month.
The need for additional revenue, which had been assumed in MTA budget forecasts beginning in 2009, was confirmed in July 2012. The MTA announced specific fare and toll increase proposals last October. The proposals were reviewed at a series of eight public hearings and four public video submission sessions held throughout the region in November. The MTA Board adopted the increases on December 19.
For more information, visit the MTA's website here.
Posts by topic
- 08:00amFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones
- 08:30amFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones
- 09:00amMoney & Main$treetYour local guide to finances and business on Long Island
- 09:30amPush PauseFreezing the frame on local life
- 10:00amFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones