The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is reminding customers that fares and tolls will increase at the beginning of next month.
The need for additional revenue, which had been assumed in MTA budget forecasts beginning in 2009, was confirmed in July 2012. The MTA announced specific fare and toll increase proposals last October. The proposals were reviewed at a series of eight public hearings and four public video submission sessions held throughout the region in November. The MTA Board adopted the increases on December 19.
For more information, visit the MTA's website here.
Posts by topic
Meadowbrook Pkwy SNORTHERN STATE PKWY - SOUTHERN STATE PKWY
SOUTHERN STATE PKWYCROSS ISLAND PKWY - WANTAGH STATE PKWY
Northern State Pkwy EGRAND CENTRAL PKWY - SUNNYSIDE BLVD
Long Island Expy ENY-110 - EXIT 71
Long Island Expy ECROSS ISLAND PKWY - NY-135
- 07:00pmFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones
- 07:30pmPush PauseFreezing the frame on local life
- 08:00pmHeroes on Our IslandProfiles of your neighbors helping those around them on Long Island
- 08:30pmMy Long IslandLong Island features about the people and events that make our communities great.
- 09:00pmRestaurant HunterYour guide to the best eats on Long Island