The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is reminding customers that fares and tolls will increase at the beginning of next month.
The need for additional revenue, which had been assumed in MTA budget forecasts beginning in 2009, was confirmed in July 2012. The MTA announced specific fare and toll increase proposals last October. The proposals were reviewed at a series of eight public hearings and four public video submission sessions held throughout the region in November. The MTA Board adopted the increases on December 19.
For more information, visit the MTA's website here.
Posts by topic
NY-27BELT PKWY - WELLWOOD AVE
Meadowbrook State PkwyNORTHERN STATE PKWY - SOUTHERN STATE PKWY
SOUTHERN STATE PKWYCROSS ISLAND PKWY - WANTAGH STATE PKWY
Northern State PkwyGRAND CENTRAL PKWY - SUNNYSIDE BLVD
I-495NY-110 - EXIT 71
I-495CROSS ISLAND PKWY - NY-135
- 02:00amRestaurant HunterYour guide to the best eats on Long Island
- 02:30amPush PauseFreezing the frame on local life
- 03:00amPush PauseFreezing the frame on local life
- 03:30amPush PauseFreezing the frame on local life
- 04:00amTraffic 360Your local traffic report