We've enjoyed very warm weather on Long Island the past several days. Despite some morning clouds and fog on July 4th, we still managed to reach the mid to upper 80's during the afternoon. Today, high temperatures ranged from the upper 80's to low 90's. The rest of the week will be quite warm as well, with humidity in the mix on Wednesday and Thursday making it a bit more uncomfortable.
The heat is arriving just as we are entering our warmest period climatologically. Our average temperatures will continue to rise between now and July 21 when they reach their peak. At that point, Islip averages a morning low of 67 followed by an average high of 84.
Posts by topic
- 06:30pmRichard French LiveRichard French Live is an interactive program devoted to the world of politics
- 07:00pmFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones
- 07:30pmMoney & Main$treetYour local guide to finances and business on Long Island
- 08:00pmRestaurant HunterYour guide to the best eats on Long Island
- 08:30pmHeroes on Our IslandProfiles of your neighbors helping those around them on Long Island