Town of Hempstead:
Expected Hours of Operation: Saturday & Sunday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., unless specified otherwise.
- Baldwin Senior Center, 1810 N. Grand Ave., Baldwin, (516) 546-7110
- Bellmore Senior Center, 2000 Bellmore Ave., Bellmore, (516) 221-9696.
- Elmont Senior Center, 138 Elmont Rd., Elmont, (516) 354-4777.
- Franklin Square Senior Center, 1182 Martha Pl. Franklin Square, (516) 328-3010.
- Green Acres Senior Center, 400 Flower Rd., Valley Stream, (516) 872-8810.
- Levittown Senior Center, 555 N. Newbridge Rd., Levittown, (516) 433-5454.
- Merrick Senior Center, 2550 Clubhouse Road, Merrick, (516) 868-4777. Open until 4:45 p.m.
- Oceanside Senior Center, 2900 Rockaway Ave., Oceanside, (516) 766-8888.
- Rosa Parks Senior Center, 2 Babylon Tpke., Roosevelt (516) 867-1612.
- Salisbury Senior Center, 460 Salisbury Park Drive, Westbury, (516) 333-5440.
- Uniondale-Hempstead Senior Center, 840 Uniondale Ave., Uniondale (516) 292-1313.
- Uniondale-Merrick Senior Center, 750 Jerusalem Ave., Uniondale (516) 538-5050.
- Wantagh Senior Center, 1150 Seamans Neck Rd., Wantagh (516) 785-8505
- The Anderson Recreation Center, 111 Oceanside Road (516) 678-9238. Open Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Town of Oyster Bay:
- William P. Bennett Hicksville Community Center, 28 Carl Street, Hicksville (516) 797-7900. Open Saturday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information, contact the Nassau County Office of Emergency Management at (516) 573-0636.
- Suffolk Executive Steve Levy and Islip Town officials designate the Caesar Trunzo Senior Center in Brentwood an official county “cooling center” to accommodate those seeking refuge from the heat. The center is located at 16 2nd Avenue in Brentwood.
- The Town of Riverhead will open its Senior and Human Resources Center for residents of the Town that are unable to accommodate themselves during the heat. The Center is located at 60 Shade Tree Lane in Aqueboque.
There is no information about whether these centers are providing weekend hours. For more emergency preparedness information, visit the Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management website at www.suffolkcountyny.gov.
Posts by topic
- 10:30amMy Long Island
- 11:00amPush PauseFreezing the frame on local life
- 11:30amRestaurant HunterYour guide to the best eats on Long Island
- 12:00pmFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones
- 12:30pmPush PauseFreezing the frame on local life