Epiphane Marcelus says his cousins are staying with family after being overcome by a carbon monoxide leak in their home.
"I talked to her this morning. She said she's okay, and everyone is okay,” he said.
Marcelus lives at the house on Elmont Road in North Valley Stream, but wasn't home Saturday night at the time of the carbon monoxide leak.
He says his family members never smelled anything, and that they "didn’t feel good. So that's why they called emergency."
Police say they found a 57 year-old man, a 27 year-old woman and a 5 year-old boy all dizzy, but able to walk out of the home.
Police found 2 more women unconscious in a basement bedroom. They later woke up at the hospital.
The Elmont Fire Department reported the carbon monoxide leak came from an oil burner exhaust pipe.
Marcelus says he's unaware if the home's carbon monoxide detector was working properly. He expects his family to return home Sunday night.
"Make sure they fix everything before they come back,” Marcelus hoped.
He says he's grateful the first responders came so quickly to help his family.