Ali RosenApr 19, 2018, 1:11 pmApr 19, 2018, 2:17 pm

Dozens of firefighters respond to inferno at apartment building in Yonkers

Officials say candle may have started fire at 155 Livingston Ave.

Share

YONKERS — It took 40 firefighters two hours to put out the flames after a fire broke out at an apartment building on 155 Livingston Ave. Wednesday night, according to Yonkers Fire Chief Thomas Fitzpatrick.

Residents evacuated down the fire escape during which on person broke his hand while trying to get out. No other injuries were reported.

One family was relocated by the Office of Emergency Management.

Firefighters believe the fire may have started from a candle.

What's On Now & Next

Traffic

Weather

Nyack, New York
Few Clouds
84°F